About this job:
Sitting Service: Breakaway for Carers is a service which enables relatives and friends looking after dependent adults to have a break by arranging for someone else to take over for a few hours in the person's home.
Sitting with clients:
• Volunteers are local people who are actively interested in helping others.
• Volunteers offer companionship whilst carers have a break.
• They will chat, read, and play games (scrabble)
• They can make snacks and drinks.
• They do not undertake personal care, although they can escort clients to and from the toilet
• Opportunities are available as one off activities or a few hours each week/month.
How to apply:
Please register with our online system below or contact a member of the team for a role description and application form.